The Legacy

Where I can truly be...me.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Well...both these choices fit me rather well, so I took the test twice to see which result fit better...

The choices:
(A) I have tended to be fairly independent and assertive: I’ve felt that life works best when you meet it head-on. I set my own goals, get involved, and want to make things happen. I don’t like sitting around--I want to achieve something big and have an impact. I don’t necessarily seek confrontations, but I don’t let people push me around, either. Most of the time I know what I want, and I go for it. I tend to work hard and to play hard.

(B) I have tended to be quiet and am used to being on my own. I usually don’t draw much attention to myself socially, and it’s generally unusual for me to assert myself all that forcefully. I don’t feel comfortable taking the lead or being as competitive as others. Many would probably say that I’m something of a dreamer--a lot of my excitement goes on in my imagination. I can be quite content without feeling I have to be active all the time.

I dare say A fits slightly better, but that might just be W. Hey, I sure wasn't born with him, heh.

The results:








the Asserter
Test finished!
you chose AY - your Enneagram type is EIGHT.


"I must be strong"



Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.


How to Get Along with Me



  • Stand up for yourself... and me.
  • Be confident, strong, and direct.
  • Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
  • Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
  • Give me space to be alone.
  • Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
  • I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
  • When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.

What I Like About Being a Eight



  • being independent and self-reliant
  • being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
  • being courageous, straightforward, and honest
  • getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
  • supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
  • upholding just causes

What's Hard About Being a Eight



  • overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
  • being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
  • sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
  • never forgetting injuries or injustices
  • putting too much pressure on myself
  • getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right

Eights as Children Often



  • are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
  • are sometimes loners
  • seize control so they won't be controlled
  • fugure out others' weaknesses
  • attack verbally or physically when provoked
  • take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings

Eights as Parents



  • are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
  • are sometimes overprotective
  • can be demanding, controlling, and rigid

Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele

The Enneagram Made Easy
Discover the 9 Types of People
HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages



You liked the test? so please RATE it :-)












You are not completely happy with the result?!
You chose AY

Would you rather have chosen:

  • BY (FOUR)
  • CY (SIX)
  • AX (SEVEN)
  • AZ (THREE)







  • My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:













    free online datingfree online dating
    You scored higher than 70% on ABC





    free online datingfree online dating
    You scored higher than 58% on XYZ
    Link: The Quick and Painless ENNEAGRAM Test written by felk on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test


    Very accurate, except I don't really care about rules and I kinda doubt I'd end up a demanding, controlling, and rigid parent. If I turn out like my own parents, I'll shoot myself and put my children out of their misery.








    the Romantic
    you chose BY - your Enneagram type is FOUR.


    "I am unique"



    Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.


    How to Get Along with Me



    • Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
    • Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
    • Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
    • Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
    • Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!

    What I Like About Being a Four



    • my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
    • my ability to establish warm connections with people
    • admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
    • my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
    • being unique and being seen as unique by others
    • having aesthetic sensibilities
    • being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

    What's Hard About Being a Four



    • experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
    • feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
    • feeling guilty when I disappoint people
    • feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
    • expecting too much from myself and life
    • fearing being abandoned
    • obsessing over resentments
    • longing for what I don't have

    Fours as Children Often



    • have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original game s
    • are very sensitive
    • feel that they don't fit in
    • believe they are missing something that other people have
    • attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
    • become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
    • feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)

    Fours as Parents



    • help their children become who they really are
    • support their children's creativity and originality
    • are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
    • are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
    • are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed

    Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele

    The Enneagram Made Easy
    Discover the 9 Types of People
    HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages



    You liked the test? so please RATE it :-)












    You are not completely happy with the result?!
    You chose BY

    Would you rather have chosen:

  • AY (EIGHT)
  • CY (SIX)
  • BX (NINE)
  • BZ (FIVE)







  • Link: The Quick and Painless ENNEAGRAM Test written by felk on Ok Cupid


    Also generally accurate except for two lines:
    -Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me. (See 8's don't flatter me)
    -Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting! (Actually, I've almost never been called too sensitive. Insensitive is more like it, heh)

    I guess I'm a combination of the two...probably something to do with the Myers-Briggs/Keirsey test showing me to be a half-half Idealist/Rational. Quite obvious which is which in this test, heh.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home