Looks like I've got time to catch up on my writing. Anyway...with the coming of the new year, I wonder if I should make any resolutions? Nah. No point really, I'll probably forget about them in a few days.
Death. After a whole string of sms' along the lines of "Anita Mui is dead, *sobz*", my thoughts have started to dwell on this rather unfitting topic. For the most part, I've come to realise that death, my own or that of others doesn't really seem to matter much to me. Its like, yeah, someone dies. We'll all mourn for a while then well, life goes on. Big deal. Maybe I'll change my tune when someone who means something to me dies, but since I've got more fingers on one hand than there are people who actually mean something to me, that's not bloody likely. As for my own death, let's just say that my experiences led me to look upon death as a release. I gave up worrying or being afraid of my own death in sec 3. A very welcome side effect was that quite a few of my fears, namely those having to do with self-preservation, vanished along with it. The only issue I have with death now is that it'd be akin to letting all the bastards win...ie that I'll be gone before I can have my revenge. Kinda sad really when I think about it...that the reason, plain and simple, that I haven't taken my life yet is just that: revenge. Well, that and the fact that I'd end up in hell if I did so. Not that I'm not going to end up there the way my life is shaping up.
Its quite interesting, the reasons people tend to come up with as to why I wear a jacket a lot. The top two so far are that I'm sickly and that I'm trying to "act cool". Its not a bad thing really. Both of those will only work to my advantage if those same people ever try to give me trouble. Sigh...people are so ready to jump to conclusions, aren't they?
Death. After a whole string of sms' along the lines of "Anita Mui is dead, *sobz*", my thoughts have started to dwell on this rather unfitting topic. For the most part, I've come to realise that death, my own or that of others doesn't really seem to matter much to me. Its like, yeah, someone dies. We'll all mourn for a while then well, life goes on. Big deal. Maybe I'll change my tune when someone who means something to me dies, but since I've got more fingers on one hand than there are people who actually mean something to me, that's not bloody likely. As for my own death, let's just say that my experiences led me to look upon death as a release. I gave up worrying or being afraid of my own death in sec 3. A very welcome side effect was that quite a few of my fears, namely those having to do with self-preservation, vanished along with it. The only issue I have with death now is that it'd be akin to letting all the bastards win...ie that I'll be gone before I can have my revenge. Kinda sad really when I think about it...that the reason, plain and simple, that I haven't taken my life yet is just that: revenge. Well, that and the fact that I'd end up in hell if I did so. Not that I'm not going to end up there the way my life is shaping up.
Its quite interesting, the reasons people tend to come up with as to why I wear a jacket a lot. The top two so far are that I'm sickly and that I'm trying to "act cool". Its not a bad thing really. Both of those will only work to my advantage if those same people ever try to give me trouble. Sigh...people are so ready to jump to conclusions, aren't they?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home