The Legacy

Where I can truly be...me.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Settlers Cafe. Yup, I'd say that given who actually reads this blog, if you're seeing this entry, you'd know what that is. Its just that I've done the math with Kao and if a bunch of friends goes there semi-regularly, its actually cheaper to spilt cash and just buy the prefered games, then go to someones place to play them. Its like a business...capital may be high, but its it takes off, you make profit. In the same way, the initial cost of each of the games they offer might be a high one-off cost, but in the long run, its just better to get the game itself.

Speaking of which, I've got Munchkin laying around the house. We should all meet up sometime and have a game, yea?

Its the hols now, which isn't comforting since I'm suspecting that I'm gonna flunk one module and have to do an extra sem because of it. Otherwise I'll graduate into...unemployment. Joy. But hey, at least Kao's been coming round every so often. He's been playing Disgaea on me PS2...not a new game, but a fun one still. That he, of all people, would endure the long trips over here to play it speaks for itself, not to mention that he's been over thrice already. Bottom line is that well, I'm generally free these days, so if anyone feels like popping over for whatever, you're free to do so. Petey's the nearest by far, and everyone who reads this blog stays nearer to me than Kao does, heh.

For anyone interested, Comics Mart has kinda redeemed itself. Mechwarrior(that lil figures game) Falcon's Prey boosters are now going at $2 each(while stocks last, heh), down from $16. Huge saving. Me, Kao and our bro's have sunk a decent amount of cash into it, just for fun. "Decent" being affordable. Yes, a case of the stuff now costs less than a box of Trek, heh. Amazing.

On another note, most of my plants are doing okay, save the 4-5 that are down with various problems. The sheer number of insects caught be some of them are amazing, along with the HOOOOJ pitchers being grown. Then again, almost no ones reading this would actually be interested, so...hmm...

I also realise another thing...once I actually befriend a person, I tend not to forget them. Its quite telling that I can actually remember someone I've not spoken to or seen in the last...12 years. No, its a guy. Though there is a girl who meets the same criteria as well.


In response to comments:

Sephyre, Petey: Movie, Navia, Munchkin...my exams are over, so when are you guys free? Munchkin needs at least 3 players to be fun tho, haha...

Schnoc: I can be confident...on certain things. So bottom line...shut up and act. Which I can do, that I'm sure :P There's gotta be an irony in the fact that the people who do think I'm generally confident, or at least confident enough not to let a bunch of doubts stop me, are either those who hardly know me at all(they think the former point), or those who know me well enough to realise the latter point.

Blue_belle: Yup, Mel, its me. Didn't get your christmas message cos I was over doing an exchange in Sydney. And no, I've not forgotten you, haha...but hey, that's one more reader for my almost-never updated blog! ^^

3 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger K.S. Chong said…

    Saturdays mostly. :) Around 1-5pm is best. Having internship, though late evenings may be fine, depending on whether I can survive.

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Argh you updated and I only just found out. Since you don't seem very busy, update the plant blog? Pictures! Esp of the problem plants, if the damage is gross enough *grin*. Hmm have you started writing your resume yet? I just updated mine; wheeee can start applying for summer jobs for real soon. I could help you with yours, haha.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Btw, your timestamp looks wonky. And there was an extra word in my prev comment, aaaargh I need to proofread my comments better. K it's almost 2am now, gtg88.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home