The Legacy

Where I can truly be...me.

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

The Hamster Graveyard, Tomb of the Unknown Hamster

I've begun a little project which I shall call the Hamster Graveyard. Those silly hamsters, in the process of 'natural selection' have gotten to the point where they fight and kill each other if their population reaches certain limits. They also just so happen to just keep on breeding...horny 'lil buggers. Anyway, that and the fact that the original ones are pretty old now, means that I've got a fairly 'steady' supply of hamster corpses.

The idea was born out of me being too lazy to clean out one particular cage whose sole inhabitant has passed on. The water bottle also just happened to leak too. Basically, the hamster food(seeds) started germinating. First, the sunflower seeds, then some of the other herb type ones. Not to mention that the hamster corpse wasn't smelling at all...it was just kinda stiff. Then came the clincher. You see, for a short time before the seeds germinated some orange fungus(mold like) was growing there, but just died off. Then came the white mold, around the sunflower seed period. But then...a blue mushroom grew!!

SCORE!!!!!!!!!

Recent activity:
Added one more dead hamster. Mushroom identified to be a species of ink cap, no idea exactly what species though. However, it looks like as long as I don't over water, I get quite a steady growth of ink caps. Yay!! Its starting to smell a little though...gah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home