I've been seeing mirrors of different aspects of myself in various books lately. Its just...interesting...that in so many characters I've come across these days I see some part of me in them. It probably isn't a good thing that they're all female. Heh. But its strange...interesting timing...as if God was trying to remind me of my true self...at this time when I'm trying to destroy it...what's left of it anyway, after what THEY did to it. To see myself...what I used to be...or am now...to remind me to just be...me. Here are some quotes...things I've either said, almost word for word...or things I couldn't say better myself.
"I live among people the world tells me are kind, pious, Christian people. And they seem to me cureller than the cruellest heathens, stupider than the stupidest animals."
"I cannot believe that the truth is so. That life is without understanding or compassion. That there are not spirits generous enough to understand what I have suffered and why I suffer...and that, whatever sins I have committed, it is not right that I should suffer so much."
"My only happiness is when I sleep. When I wake, the nightmare begins. I feel cast on a desert island, imprisoned, condemned, and I know not what crime it is for."
--Sarah Woodruff, The French Lieutenant's Woman
The first quote reflects my feelings when it comes to many people, sans the 'Christian' part of it. In fact, it'd apply either way, because the people who've hurt me the most in my life all just happen to claim themselves Christian. But generally, I've met many people of whom the world claims various positive qualities...and found them much the opposite.
The second quote reflects how naive I was...when faced with the turth the quote presents. It also frankly speaks of my feelings concerning my life. But life is unfair, is it not? Heh.
The third quote is something I've said many times concerning my 4 years in ACS(I). The first bit, I've said word for word. The desert island analogy I've not used, but it fits perfectly...and that last bit...'condemned, and I know not what crime it is for' describes my feelings when the horror...at least in ACS(I)...started.
Interestingly enough, Sarah Woodruff is described by the narrator as someone who has what I've come to call "True sight". To see through people and see them for their true natures and to see the true meanings behind their actions and words. I wouldn't boast to have this talent, but so far, I've not been wrong about anyone yet. Which is very disturbing given the true natures of many of the people I know. I won't say I've mastered this skill...but I hope to do so one day...till then, I'll keep improving on it. I've not finished the book, so I don't exactly know what happened to cause Sarah to become the way she did...I do have some slight idea...but I won't spoil it for those of you(a grand total of ZERO) who might be tempted to actually read this book. I'll say one thing, she's got steel in her soul...and she's just about as screwed up emotionally as I am.
Hmm...its getting late...so maybe I'll be back tomorrow with the next gal...
"I live among people the world tells me are kind, pious, Christian people. And they seem to me cureller than the cruellest heathens, stupider than the stupidest animals."
"I cannot believe that the truth is so. That life is without understanding or compassion. That there are not spirits generous enough to understand what I have suffered and why I suffer...and that, whatever sins I have committed, it is not right that I should suffer so much."
"My only happiness is when I sleep. When I wake, the nightmare begins. I feel cast on a desert island, imprisoned, condemned, and I know not what crime it is for."
--Sarah Woodruff, The French Lieutenant's Woman
The first quote reflects my feelings when it comes to many people, sans the 'Christian' part of it. In fact, it'd apply either way, because the people who've hurt me the most in my life all just happen to claim themselves Christian. But generally, I've met many people of whom the world claims various positive qualities...and found them much the opposite.
The second quote reflects how naive I was...when faced with the turth the quote presents. It also frankly speaks of my feelings concerning my life. But life is unfair, is it not? Heh.
The third quote is something I've said many times concerning my 4 years in ACS(I). The first bit, I've said word for word. The desert island analogy I've not used, but it fits perfectly...and that last bit...'condemned, and I know not what crime it is for' describes my feelings when the horror...at least in ACS(I)...started.
Interestingly enough, Sarah Woodruff is described by the narrator as someone who has what I've come to call "True sight". To see through people and see them for their true natures and to see the true meanings behind their actions and words. I wouldn't boast to have this talent, but so far, I've not been wrong about anyone yet. Which is very disturbing given the true natures of many of the people I know. I won't say I've mastered this skill...but I hope to do so one day...till then, I'll keep improving on it. I've not finished the book, so I don't exactly know what happened to cause Sarah to become the way she did...I do have some slight idea...but I won't spoil it for those of you(a grand total of ZERO) who might be tempted to actually read this book. I'll say one thing, she's got steel in her soul...and she's just about as screwed up emotionally as I am.
Hmm...its getting late...so maybe I'll be back tomorrow with the next gal...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home