Its been an interesting and peaceful time these last couple of weeks...very much like the last couple of weeks of National Service and that short period before I entered the University. What's interesting about it is seeing just how much the people whom I think are in my life are just...well...not. I've gotten tired of things like unanswered sms' and the feeling that people don't really want me around. So let's see...who have I actually been in contact with recently? I'm of course not talking about "hi-bye" kind of situations. Hmmm...let's see...there's Kao...and...yeah...Kao. Aloy too, come to thing of it. Everyone else seems to have faded away. There's schnoc too, but...well, I rather thing she's had quite enough of putting up with my company, heh. This time I don't think I'm wrong about that too. All things considered, I think things have turned out much worse than W predicted they'd be, at least concerning my social circle. Still...I think I'm finally getting used to being alone; I feel much less lonely now than I did during the previous couple of similar weeks. Perhaps the sense of loss isn't there because you can't really lose what you didn't have in the first place. I didn't know it the first time round, but I do now.
W's purpose has changed too...while Command 001 is still present, its a simple matter of time...and what is time to a wolf? If I get the chance, I'll take it. If not...well...heh...then hopefully I'll have found some happiness in life. No matter how much I'd like to deny it, I guess they're right about Idealists and their search for love and a soulmate. Its so much easier to satisfy the rational side of me, books, trips, etc. Lockdown and Founder...I think these two abilities have become very much a part of my everyday life. Ironic...
I also don't think I'll ever understand Guardians' obsession with what they view as productivity. I don't think any other personality type has anything near it. The Artisans don't for sure and neither do true idealists and true rationals. I use the term true because I've know a number of people in the past who did the test and came out as idealists or rationals, but who are really guardians. Perhaps its because our culture seems to praise the concept of these two personality types and well, thus the guardians try to become them. Or maybe its hormones and the lack of the true understanding of the realities of life. Once the harsh realities of the working world set in, these guardians usually show their true colours. Either way, I've got nothing against a person being a guardian. The kindest and nicest(also most utterly naive) person I've evet met is a guardian. Sure, the afore mentioned realities of life dealt her a real beating, but hey, that's why they're called harsh. As I said though, I just can't get their obsession with their idea of productivity. The feeling guardians aren't so bad, but the thinking guardians in general are just sickening. Is it so wrong to just chill out? Is being active on a forum just a waste of time? You'd think me tending to my plants was a crime. Sheesh. Its the same token really...just like me reading about nature was 'unproductive' back then, so is tending to my plants now. Just because I'm not making money? Good grief...is something only productive when money or useful knowledge is involved?
Okay, i'm just ranting now. I'll stop here. I'm just...so utterly sick of all the condemnation. Some of it from sources unexpectedly close to me. I'll just say this...whatever my talents now, my passions and abilities...I'm the one who cultivated them, let them grow and bear fruit, all in spite of the persecution and condemnation. Sure, I have my weaknesses, who doesn't? But if anything I'm just glad I have a mind of my own. I'm glad I know what I want and do what I want to. I'm glad I know what I like doing. I'm glad that my parents don't decide my goals and my wants in life. All things considered...even if I could, I don't think I'd change how I've turned out, at least with respect to all that.
W's purpose has changed too...while Command 001 is still present, its a simple matter of time...and what is time to a wolf? If I get the chance, I'll take it. If not...well...heh...then hopefully I'll have found some happiness in life. No matter how much I'd like to deny it, I guess they're right about Idealists and their search for love and a soulmate. Its so much easier to satisfy the rational side of me, books, trips, etc. Lockdown and Founder...I think these two abilities have become very much a part of my everyday life. Ironic...
I also don't think I'll ever understand Guardians' obsession with what they view as productivity. I don't think any other personality type has anything near it. The Artisans don't for sure and neither do true idealists and true rationals. I use the term true because I've know a number of people in the past who did the test and came out as idealists or rationals, but who are really guardians. Perhaps its because our culture seems to praise the concept of these two personality types and well, thus the guardians try to become them. Or maybe its hormones and the lack of the true understanding of the realities of life. Once the harsh realities of the working world set in, these guardians usually show their true colours. Either way, I've got nothing against a person being a guardian. The kindest and nicest(also most utterly naive) person I've evet met is a guardian. Sure, the afore mentioned realities of life dealt her a real beating, but hey, that's why they're called harsh. As I said though, I just can't get their obsession with their idea of productivity. The feeling guardians aren't so bad, but the thinking guardians in general are just sickening. Is it so wrong to just chill out? Is being active on a forum just a waste of time? You'd think me tending to my plants was a crime. Sheesh. Its the same token really...just like me reading about nature was 'unproductive' back then, so is tending to my plants now. Just because I'm not making money? Good grief...is something only productive when money or useful knowledge is involved?
Okay, i'm just ranting now. I'll stop here. I'm just...so utterly sick of all the condemnation. Some of it from sources unexpectedly close to me. I'll just say this...whatever my talents now, my passions and abilities...I'm the one who cultivated them, let them grow and bear fruit, all in spite of the persecution and condemnation. Sure, I have my weaknesses, who doesn't? But if anything I'm just glad I have a mind of my own. I'm glad I know what I want and do what I want to. I'm glad I know what I like doing. I'm glad that my parents don't decide my goals and my wants in life. All things considered...even if I could, I don't think I'd change how I've turned out, at least with respect to all that.

3 Comments:
At 10:50 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hmm, how can I "put up" with your company if you're not around? I don't get you. I'm BUSY. I'm still studying. My colleagues are incompetent so I have to redo all their work. I'm President of my club, and I have private obstacles to overcome in various departments. The event I'm organising is looming, there's a party to prepare, a thousand other things weighing on my mind. And to top it off, my phone LCD screen died, so I may have missed some messages. Those aren't excuses; I don't owe you any. But you should think twice before jumping to conclusions.
Anyhow, I've forgotten what the characterisitics of Guardians are, though I *think* I remember both my parents being Guardians...or something. Hmm I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with productivity, but that doesn't make me a Guardian does it? I'm a very strong Mastermind, if Keirsey is to be believed. Incredibly judgmental, yes, but well, whatever. If you can't deal with it, don't.
In any case, relationships work both ways. You can't just sit back passively and hope people will miss you and get in touch, just like that. And I don't think people don't care in the sense that you probably think they don't--it's just that everyone's kinda moving off in their own directions and if you just stay put you're inevitably going to be left behind.
Think about it. You have all the time you desire.
At 11:11 PM,
Anonymous said…
Actually, I think the bit about this post that incenses me most is how you lament that you don't feel the "sense of loss" because "you can't really lose what you didn't have in the first place". WTF? Is that a pathetic attempt at denying that friendship actually existed at all?
I think I shall give you the benefit of the doubt, repress my current indignation, and assume that you tried to sound profound (without really grasping the full meaning of what you're saying) but failed miserably. How's that?
At 7:43 PM,
Anonymous said…
To Schnoc: ......
Really, if I was going to imply that my friendship with you never really existed, I wouldn't have bothered to mention you in the first place. I'm talking about all those other people whom I've met and 'befriended' since the first time round. And I know exactly what I'm saying and its full meaning.
I'll have you know that I mentioned you specifically for 2 reasons. The first would be the put up with me bit, there because you seem to recently be rather irritated with my company, at least the last few times I met up with you. The second is because of all the people I've befriended since the first couple of peaceful weeks, you and ONLY YOU are exempt from the bit that so incenses you. If you think that I'd so easily deny that our friendship, the only one true new friendship since the last set of weeks, ever existed, then I guess you don't know me as well as you think.
On that note, you should know my stand on the difference between a friend and an aquaintence. There not being a friendship doesn't prevent me from regarding a person as an aquaintence.
Um...you haven't forgotten that my parents are both thinking guardians, right? I don't really see what that guardian bit has to do with you and me dealing with you being judgemental unless...you aren't jumping to conclusions here are you? :P
As for relationships working both ways, I think I've said it before...I'm tired of always being the one who has to contact the other and when I don't, the other not contacting me sure makes it seem like the relationship isn't working both ways, doesn't it?
If you happen to be thinking that I'm just waiting passively for you to give me a call or something, then do remember my approach to dealing with people who are irritated with me. The first thing I do is back away and give them some space, so I don't irritate them any further. True, that approach cost me dearly the first time I took it with you, but hey, I know you're busy and since I thought you were irritated with me, bugging you now while you're busy as well is only going to irritate you more. At least that's what I'm thinking. Sorry if I jumped to conclusions there.
Post a Comment
<< Home