I realise that I need people. But people suck. So in the end I'm not happy being alone and I'm not happy when I'm not alone. GAH. WHY DAMMIT?! Why are there so few people with whom I can be myself, without having to defend some aspect of my character or lifestyle, without having to justify myself and without being condemned? That said, I've come to realise that in general, its the Ps who are the more accepting lot. Generally, most artisans and idealists are, plus a good number of the P rationals too. Which is a VERY bad thing since our society tends to select for J people, especially at the higher levels of our education system.
My dislike for guardians grows. Yes, even the F ones. I know they probably mean well. BUT I'm just so bloody sick of it. I can be relatively happy and within the space of a few minutes, they can send me into one of my "must..resist..urge..to..KILL" moods. The reason? Here it is:
*I'm just minding my own business*
*Guardian bursts into room*
G: WWW! Quick! Breathe!
W: ...
G: Hurry! Breathe! You must breathe you know!
W: ...(tries to ignore the obvious stupidity)
G: Hey! Pay attention to me! Respect your elders!
W: ...I...AM breathing.
G: You sure? You must, you know! If you don't breathe, you'll die!
W: But I AM breathing.
G: You sure you're breathing properly? Come, I'll teach you how.
W: ...*sweat drop*
G: First you inhale...then you exhale...then you inhale again...
W: ...
G: Come on! Its important! Follow me...breathe in...
W: ...
G: Do it!!
W: *sighs and breathes in*
G: No, you must breathe in more!
W: *breathes in more*
G: No!! That's too much! See, there's a proper way to do it...
W: I know how to breathe...
G: Hey, this is important! You can die if you don't breathe properly!!
W: OBVIOUSLY I do breathe properly since I'm alive.
G: How dare you be so rude to me! I'm just concerned for you and this is how you treat me?
W: ...*more sweat drops*
G: You better say you're sorry! NOW!
W: ...
G: NOW! If it was your parents, they would have already thrown you out!
W: (VERY grudgingly) Sorry...
G: Good! You better mean it! Now hurry up and breathe properly!
W: ...
G: Yes, that's it. Yes, that's the way.
W: ...
G: Good, good. Now just keep on doing that.
*Guardian turns to leave the room*
G: Remember to keep on breathing! Must listen to me ah. That's a good boy. See? I treat you so well, must listen to me, then you'll live and be healthy.
*Sometime later on, this same guardian will say...*
G: See? You listened to me, that's why you're alive. If I didn't tell you to breathe ah. Hai yar...you must learn to be more independant...
I think anyone who's still reading this would get my point. Do you know what its like having to put up with this everyday?! I would stay out from the time I get out of bed till when I want to turn in if I wasn't trying to save cash and my plants didn't need watering. While I'm glad I there only one guardian to get on my nerves now, this one's almost always at home and more invasive than either one of the previous two(though not combined).
Anyone who's reading this, please do me a big favour. If I somehow end up marrying a guardian, PLEASE put me out of my future misery and SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD REPEATEDLY. Unless she's as diabetes-inducingly sweet and naive as Sheila or (drop dead gorgeous AND totally awesome in bed). There is nothing else that can possibly make up for the sheer torture. In fact, the latter might not either. That leaves the former and chances are, such people will get so totally trashed by society that they'll lose either or both qualities.
Guardians of the world, do your potential children a big favour and DON'T FRICKING BREED DAMMIT!!! Or take care of children/kids/anyone who isn't your equal or elder.
My dislike for guardians grows. Yes, even the F ones. I know they probably mean well. BUT I'm just so bloody sick of it. I can be relatively happy and within the space of a few minutes, they can send me into one of my "must..resist..urge..to..KILL" moods. The reason? Here it is:
*I'm just minding my own business*
*Guardian bursts into room*
G: WWW! Quick! Breathe!
W: ...
G: Hurry! Breathe! You must breathe you know!
W: ...(tries to ignore the obvious stupidity)
G: Hey! Pay attention to me! Respect your elders!
W: ...I...AM breathing.
G: You sure? You must, you know! If you don't breathe, you'll die!
W: But I AM breathing.
G: You sure you're breathing properly? Come, I'll teach you how.
W: ...*sweat drop*
G: First you inhale...then you exhale...then you inhale again...
W: ...
G: Come on! Its important! Follow me...breathe in...
W: ...
G: Do it!!
W: *sighs and breathes in*
G: No, you must breathe in more!
W: *breathes in more*
G: No!! That's too much! See, there's a proper way to do it...
W: I know how to breathe...
G: Hey, this is important! You can die if you don't breathe properly!!
W: OBVIOUSLY I do breathe properly since I'm alive.
G: How dare you be so rude to me! I'm just concerned for you and this is how you treat me?
W: ...*more sweat drops*
G: You better say you're sorry! NOW!
W: ...
G: NOW! If it was your parents, they would have already thrown you out!
W: (VERY grudgingly) Sorry...
G: Good! You better mean it! Now hurry up and breathe properly!
W: ...
G: Yes, that's it. Yes, that's the way.
W: ...
G: Good, good. Now just keep on doing that.
*Guardian turns to leave the room*
G: Remember to keep on breathing! Must listen to me ah. That's a good boy. See? I treat you so well, must listen to me, then you'll live and be healthy.
*Sometime later on, this same guardian will say...*
G: See? You listened to me, that's why you're alive. If I didn't tell you to breathe ah. Hai yar...you must learn to be more independant...
I think anyone who's still reading this would get my point. Do you know what its like having to put up with this everyday?! I would stay out from the time I get out of bed till when I want to turn in if I wasn't trying to save cash and my plants didn't need watering. While I'm glad I there only one guardian to get on my nerves now, this one's almost always at home and more invasive than either one of the previous two(though not combined).
Anyone who's reading this, please do me a big favour. If I somehow end up marrying a guardian, PLEASE put me out of my future misery and SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD REPEATEDLY. Unless she's as diabetes-inducingly sweet and naive as Sheila or (drop dead gorgeous AND totally awesome in bed). There is nothing else that can possibly make up for the sheer torture. In fact, the latter might not either. That leaves the former and chances are, such people will get so totally trashed by society that they'll lose either or both qualities.
Guardians of the world, do your potential children a big favour and DON'T FRICKING BREED DAMMIT!!! Or take care of children/kids/anyone who isn't your equal or elder.

1 Comments:
At 11:17 AM,
Anonymous said…
I don't know who you are, but I read this post and it's damn funny!!! Well done! TOTALLY get your first 5 lines.
Post a Comment
<< Home